Friday, September 18, 2015

◕ ◡ ◕

はじめまして!Welcome to my blog!

This year will be my first time learning Japanese, though I've been thinking of starting for a while now; there are several aspects of the culture, like the music and anime, that I follow, and I don't like the idea of just blindly relying on translations. And especially with Japanese, Bing translation services are generally awful, anyway. That aside, learning another language seems fun, and I'll probably never get another chance, so... (#yolo)

From the first few days of class, I've found speaking more difficult than I'd imagined; prior to this, I'd had plenty of chances to listen to Japanese and even try to read it (as I follow a lot of Japanese groups on Twitter), but I never did get an opportunity to practice speaking it. It's kind of exciting to actually converse in the language--as limited as those conversations have been, so far--and I'm looking forward to much more of it throughout the year. c:

In case you're wondering, the name and URL of my blog are some of the various ways a friend tried to pronounce "Rilakkuma" (the bear in the background). Shh.

じゃまた!

5 comments:

  1. I really love your background picture, Rilakkuma is really かわいい!

    ReplyDelete
  2. わたしも!I don't have to take a language, but this seems like the best time and place to start! (who knows if I'll have time to learn another language outside of college)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hallo, my name is Tatsuhiro Hashimoto. Pronounce of my first name is difficult so my friends call me Mocchi. I am from Kyoto. I am first year student of university student and major in business. There are many historical places and delicious Japanese foods. I like to eating foods and drink coffee.

    はじめまして。はしもとたつひろといいます。これからよろしくおねがいします。

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’m Minori Sato. I’m 18 years old. I’m studying international business in a Ritsumeikan University. I’m from Japan and live in Osaka now. But I’ve lived in Kumamoto, Shiga, and Taiwan. I like traveling, and during this summer vacation, I stayed in Sydney, Australia for a month.
    日本には来たことありますか?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. いいえ、日本に行きません、でも行きたい!

      Delete