Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Reflection & Revised Goals

So far, I think I've made a lot of progress towards my goals: I can hold much longer conversations now, and my reading ability has improved significantly.  I think the PEs have especially helped my speaking speed and pronunciation, but I do need to improve my tone since I still make a lot of intonation mistakes.  I've also been practicing writing all of the Kanji in the textbook chapters we cover, not just the Kanji required for class, and I have definitely noticed an improvement in my reading.

Despite this, I haven't actually kept up with most of the activities I wrote in my original post, mostly because I just haven't had enough time.  I think what I've been doing so far has been pretty effective, though, so I'll make the following revisions:

Goals: All of my original goals, and additionally improving my intonation.

Activities:

  • Keep practicing reading and writing all the Kanji in each chapter, and use them in the workbook exercises (with Furigana).
  • Keep doing shadowing for PE.
  • Pay more attention to intonation when watching anime.
  • Continue reading Japanese online (Twitter, etc.) when I have time.

No comments:

Post a Comment